This is a private tour that lasts 120 minutes. The total activity time, including tasting or a meal, is 180 minutes. The Botin Segway Tour is an exclusive route that ends with tasting or a meal at the world´s oldest restaurant according to Guiness World Records, and the third most important classical restaurant according to Forbes. Our meeting point is the Plaza de San Miguel, opposite the San Miguel Market. After a few minutes of training in the handling of the segway, our tour guide will take us through old Madrid, seeing places such as the Plaza de la Villa, the Royal Palace, the Almudena Cathedral, the Sabatini Gardens and the Plaza Mayor, passing through the long streets lined with small, curious shops and other tourist attractions. The best way of learning about the city is by segway, enjoying all of the best spots and hearing fascinating stories about Madrid. Our bilingual guide will take us back in time, discovering a truly different experience.
The adventure will finish with a meal at the historic restaurant, Sobrino de Botin, which was founded in 1725, according to Guiness World Records. This makes it the oldest restaurant in the world. The restaurant´s specialty is the suckling pig, cooked on an old stone oven that has worked for almost 300 years, or you can choose between other typical dishes such as garlic soup, roast lamb with potatoes, and a desert such as ice cream or fruit.
- 159€ (with a meal).
- Starters to share: various croquettes, a range of Iberian meats.
- Main courses: suckling pig or roast lamb.
- Desserts: cheesecake, ice cream, fruit, coffee
- Drinks: wine, wáter, beer, soft drinks
- Plaza de San Miguel (meeting point)
- Toledo Street
- Puerta Cerrada Square
- Conde de Barajas Square
- Clausura de San Miguel Convent
- Plaza de la Villa and Lujanes House, the oldest civil building in Madrid and also where Francisco I of France was imprisoned
- Almudena Cathedral
- Royal Palace
- Debod Temple
- Puerta del Sol
- Paseo del Prado
- Caixa Forum
- Huertas Street
- Barrio de las Letras (Letters´ Quarter)
- Finally, we will arrive to enjoy the food at the Botin retaurant
- Helmet is provided (use is compulsory)
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English, and other languages on request)
- Short training in the handling of the segway
- The tour will not begin until all participants have developed the basic skills needed to perform the route safely
- In winter, dress warmly (gloves, hat) and bring comfortable clothes and non-slip shoes (or rubber soles)
- We have raincoats available for our customers
- In case of severe weather conditions, we will be obligated to cancel/postpone the event; should a cancellation have to take place, the money will be refunded in full.
- The purchase of a Madrid Segway Tour shows full acceptation of the legal terms.